Thursday, May 9, 2013

Healthy Skin Regiment

Good and healthy skin should be your number one beauty priority! Establishing a routine and ADHERING to that routine (the hardest part) is key.

Night Routine

1. Pre-wash. If you wear makeup, using a makeup remover wipe first is good to wipe off surface makeup, dirt and debris from skin. My favorites? E.L.F. wipes and Neutrogena makeup remover wipes.

2. Then, using lukewarm water, wet your face and use your preferred facewash to cleanse your face. (I alternate using my hands and my Clarisonic device.) Cleanse for about a minute. Rinse.

3. Moisturize. This is SUPER important. Just as you moisturize everywhere else, the face is just as important...if not more! Moisturizing helps keep skin soft, supple, and helps keep wrinkles and fine lines at bay! Believe it or not, my most favorite moisturizer of all time is......VASELINE! Use in moderation, and this thrifty jewel will do wonders!

Morning Routine

Over-washing is detrimental for your skin. So, in the morning, I don't repeat last night's routine...too harsh. Instead, I gently splash my face with lukewarm water, pat dry, apply witch hazel with a cotton ball and moisturize.

Maintain this routine, or something like it and you'll see a major difference in your skin!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment